Earlier this month, we featured fall protection products for metal roofing and construction in our booth at Metalcon. Here are the top 7 products, in random order:
- Guardian #00250 Standing Seam Roof Clamp for SRL’s–A reusable temporary anchor point, this roof clamp has a pinch that mounts to standing seams and legs that adjust from 24 to 36 inches to fit seam spacing. This product fits most retractable lifelines up to 50 feet in size and allows retractable lifelines to rotate 360 degrees. More information here.
- Guardian #00645 CB-12 Roof Anchor–A permanent roof anchor that is great for use with retractable lifelines, vertical lifelines, rope grab units, or horizontal lifeline systems and can be installed on wood, steel or concrete substrates, including up to 20 ga. metal deck. More information here.
- Protecta #AJ730A Reusable Anchor–This anchor can be installed on steel decking with a minimum material thickness of 22 gauge (.030 inch) over Z-purlins with a minimum material thickness of 16 gauge (.064 inch). More information here.
- DBI-Sala #2100075 Roof Top Anchor–During a fall when the Roof Top Anchor is loaded, the stanchion tips over properly distributing the fall arrest forces to the base and fasteners. This specialized design provides added safety to the worker attached and distributes the forces to the structure. By limiting the forces this way, the integrity of the roof is also preserved. This anchor works on 24 gauge or thicker corrugated metal decking with ribs that are 10” to 20” apart, with a minimal amount of fasteners. More information here.
- Roof Zone #65004 Metal Roof Folding Warning Line System–Helps protect workers from dangerous areas around the roof. Includes 4 Stanchions and 105′ of bright yellow pennants. Each leg comes with an omni directional rubber foot that prevents contact with the metal roof’s standing seam. More information here.
- Bluewater Manufacturing SG Standing Seam Metal Roof Fall Protection Guardrail–This fall protection railing and base system is designed for each standing seam roof application and provides mandated worker protection for ladder egress/ingress and roof edge fall protection. The plate is fastened to the standing seams by the appropriate S-5 Clamps. More information here.
- Guardian #10600 Two Way Standing Seam Roof Anchor–A lightweight, reusable and easy to use clamp with a unique, reversible design that allows for seams up to 1″ wide. More information here.